Thursday 14 March 2013

Long waited trip to Africa-Uganda


As someone who has always been fascinated with Africa, I was, to say the least, more than a little envious of the 'experience' I knew my son, James, would have when he embarked upon his volunteer year at Grace Children's Village, Uganda. What I could not possibly have comprehended back then, and having since visited GCV for myself in February 2013, was the sheer passion that emanates from everyone involved in this amazing project! I travelled to Uganda anticipating an adventurous (I'm a mum, don't forget!) visit to see my son. What I came away having had was a truly life-affirming, if not life-changing, experience! I feel privileged to have been a small part of this awe-inspiring project. The highlight of my 'journey' was the time I was able to spend teaching Class P3 (8-9 year old) - the joy and radiant smiles on the childrens'  faces as we chatted and sang will stay with me for ever! ...I can't wait to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment